Sunday, May 26, 2013

Eli Delivers a Singing Telegram

"Rise and Shine, and Give God Your Glory! Glory!"


My four year old son, Eli, has been singing the chorus of this song for the past few days.  Aside from smiling and thinking it was cute I didn't pay too much attention to it.  Then today I woke up singing it to myself...it's quite catchy..."Rise and Shine, and Give God your Glory! Glory!"  I must have been singing that song in my head for a good 2 hours before I actually took time to reflect what my law of attraction was showing me.  LOL.  It is interesting because for weeks I have been really working on developing a stronger connection with God through prayer...asking and praying for God to share some of her love with me, asking him to show me truth on certain situations.  All the while I am doing all of this "asking" and absolutely no "giving".  And here is my 4 year old....walking around the house, delivering a singing telegram on exactly what I need to do.  Duh!  Perhaps God wants to feel our love just as much as she wants to share it.  I have heard that lesson before but it wasn't until today that I truly got it...I had an "Ah ha!".... There are opportunities to learn from our children every day if we pay attention.  I know I probably miss 95% of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the mouth of babes. A beautiful and simple enlightenment.
Aunt D